The Sentencing Advisory Council and the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria are co-hosting free community education events across Gippsland between 4 and 7 March 2019.
At each event, you will find out how courts make sentencing decisions as we take you through a real-life case of culpable driving causing death. You will learn the basics of sentencing law, choose a sentence for the offender, and then compare your sentence with the sentence actually imposed by the judge.
We invite discussion during the events and welcome your views.
Time: 5:25 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday 4 March: Wonthaggi Magistrates’ Court, Watt St, Wonthaggi
- Tuesday 5 March: Korumburra Magistrates’ Court, Bridge St, Korumburra
- Wednesday 6 March: Bairnsdale Magistrates’ Court, Nicholson St, Bairnsdale
- Thursday 7 March: Sale Magistrates’ Court, 79 Foster St, Sale
- Friday 8 March: Morwell Magistrates’ Court, 134 Commercial Rd, Morwell
Refreshments: Tea and coffee will be provided
Please RSVP at least 48 hours before the event as seats are limited:
- by phone: 1300 363 196
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To organise group bookings, please call us on 1300 363 196.