The Council has released its report on the number of people sentenced in 2018–19 for committing a serious offence while serving a community correction order (CCO).
The report examines the:
- number of people on a CCO each year
- rate at which CCOs are contravened by serious offending
- types of serious offences committed by people on a CCO
- gender and age of people who committed serious offences while on a CCO
- percentage of people on a combined order (CCO plus imprisonment) at the time they committed a serious offence
- time from the start of the CCO to the commission of the first serious offence.
This is the third report by the Council to fulfil a requirement under the Corrections Act 1986 (Vic) to report annually on convictions for serious offences committed by people on CCOs.
Serious Offending by People Serving a Community Correction Order: 2018–19 is available for download from our website.
The Council has also published a complete list of serious offences current between 16 January 2012 and 30 June 2019.